According to the Constitution, the Government is a collegial body consisting of five Ministers including the Prime Minister. Each Minister has an Alternate who takes part in the meetings of the collegial Government if the Minister is unavailable. The Prime Minister, the other Ministers, and their Alternates are appointed by the Reigning Prince on the recommendation of Parliament. The term of office is four years.
Since 27 March 2013, another coalition government was formed, with three ministers from the Progressive Citizens' Party (FBP), and two from the Patriotic Union (VU).
The Government team:
- Prime Minister Adrian Hasler (FBP)
- Deputy Prime Minister Thomas Zwiefelhofer (VU)
- Minister Marlies Amann-Marxer (VU)
- Minister Mauro Pedrazzini (FBP)
- Minister Aurelia Frick (FBP)