In the latest edition of its quarterly economic survey, the Office for Statistics (AS) evaluated responses from 44 companies with a total of 9,751 employees, announced the AS in the publication. These companies represent 70 per cent of the industrial sector and 30 per cent of the Liechtenstein economy.
Overall economic conditions proved largely positive in the first quarter of the year, according to the survey results. More than four in 10 of the companies surveyed described their situation as good, while another 57 per cent reported satisfaction. Only one per cent rated the climate as poor.
The most positive feedback hailed from the metals industry, where 53 per cent of the companies surveyed rated their business situation as good and the remaining 47 per cent as satisfactory. They also forecast continued improvement to the business climate in the near future, in a positive mood that was reflected in the non-metals industry too.
In the construction sector, responses weighed towards satisfactory overall. Companies here described the first quarter as subdued, but are forecasting higher order intakes and increased capacity utilization in the current quarter. Earnings performance, however, is expected to remain unchanged.